Monday 13 June 2011

My First Post

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cassadiva!

Firstly, I will tell you a little about myself.  Family is so very important to me - I am a doting wife, daughter, sister and aunty to my very special family.  My home is my special place, and I love cooking, cleaning, organising, sewing, scrapbooking and more.  I also love spending time hand-making presents, planning parties and generally adding 'prettiness' to everything that I do!  My home is set on two acres, so I also enjoy getting outdoors and gardening.

So, why do I blog?  Over the years, I have enjoyed giving tips and ideas to friends and family on home organisation.  While I am certainly no expert in the field, I do love sharing the little things that I do which make my life simpler, just from having a system that works for me.  Which brings me to my brand new blog, Cassadiva...  the platform for me to share lots of ideas for home organisation, recipes, printable templates and much more with you all.

I try to make the sun shine in my world everyday, by cherishing all of the wonderful things that I am surrounded by.  I believe that it's the small things in life that make the difference - and therefore my home is filled with 'small things' that make me smile when I see them.

The entryway to a home greets both family and friends. Recently, I decided my entry table needed a facelift.  I was determined not to spend a penny, rather went 'shopping' around my home.  I found an unused 5x7 inch photo frame, which I made this pretty Welcome sign for.  You can download the free template for it here

I then walked out into my beautiful garden and picked this gorgeous pink hibiscus flower.  My hubby was outside at the time, and picked these stunning red leaves off a cordyline plant saying it would 'match' perfectly!  Ahh - how I love to match ;)  I popped the cuttings into a crystal vase and voila - my entryway is transformed!  No cost, minimal time and maximum smile factor.


Welcome to my world and welcome to Cassadiva!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...