Monday 19 December 2011

Cafe Cassadiva - Mini Quiches

This is one of our family's favourite recipes.  I think back to many parties, picnics and moving days where these Mini Quiches have really hit the spot!  It is also a great way to get rid of your excess Christmas ham, or if it isn't Christmas time, I always keep some diced bacon in the freezer so that I can make these without having to leave the house...


Ingredients:

2 sheets puff pastry
125g grated cheese
125g diced ham or bacon
3 tblsp cream
1 tblsp Australian mustard
1 egg
1 tblsp parsley
pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 200 degress Celcius.

Thaw puff pastry, and cut out circles to form the base of the quiches. 



I find if I use the small size of my Tupperchef Tartform cutter, I get 12 mini quiches from this recipe.



Line or grease your pan to ensure that your quiches don't stick.  I like the look of baking paper squares, so this is what I have done here to prevent sticking, and to also provide a lovely case for the quiches.  Place one pastry circle into each hole of a muffin/tart pan.  Here I am using a regular sized muffin tray.



Combine the ingredients in a bowl.



Spoon mixture into the pastry cases.



Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.



Warning - these are addictive!  Don't waste your time making a single batch, because I promise they will be gone before you know it ;)  And they also taste REALLY good cold for lunch the next day!

If you would like the printable template of the recipe, just email me on cassandrajed@hotmail.com.  I have been having a few issues with docstoc lately, so I am more than happy for you to email me directly for the download if you would like it :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...