Sunday 7 October 2012

A Little Visitor in my Garden

Look what someone left behind in my garden that I cleaned up last week!!


You may recall that as part of the week 3 challenge in The Organised Housewife's 20 Days to Clean and Organise your home, I cleaned up the gardens around our pool area.  You can imagine my surprise when I looked out my kitchen window and spotted this snake skin in my nice, clean garden!

The weather is certainly warming up and that usually means snakes are on the move...  I am really not a fan of snakes - they make me cringe and feel really uneasy.  But living on acreage, I have become accustomed to the fact that we share our home with these slimy creatures.  I always make sure that I look where I am going, and if we are doing gardening, this time of year, we always wear closed in shoes or boots.  You never know who you might run into....

4 comments:

Tash said...

Oh my!!! Look at the size of it :/ I am so scared of snakes that I hyperventilate at Zoos etc. I would have fainted on the spot seeing that. Your very brave, well done!! :)

Cassandra said...

Tash, it might have been a bit different if I had have seen the actual snake and not just its skin!! I hate the sight of snakes too... They are so creepy!!

Anonymous said...

I had a live red belly in my yard 12months ago. I was tidying the garden bed up & my hand was only about 20cms away from it until it slithered away, It hung around for a few hrs until the firebrigde came and collected it... I live in suburbia too... so know the feeling. PS, it is part of the job of the firebrigade to catch them, so call your local firehouse it you have one close to the house.

Cassandra said...

Wow! That was close! I think we get them around here more than my hubby lets on - I am happy being ignorant!! Thanks for the tip about the fire brigade. Lucky for me my hubby is happy to either relocate them down the back of our block in the bush if they are harmless, or he gets rids of the poisonous ones - yuk!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...